Timing is an important consideration for your journey to India. Our suggestions for the best times are as follows.
- Northern India (Himalayan Region).
- February & March for bird watching.
- February – May for wildlife Safaris.
- April – June for trekking in Uttarakhand and most parts of Himachal Pradesh.
- May – September for Lahaul Spiti and the Ladakh area.
- Southern India:
- Peak season: December to February.
- Rejuvenation therapies: Traditionally the monsoons are considered the very best season for rejuvenation therapies and therapeutic treatments.
- Festivals: Festival of Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated in the month of September. Diwali or the festival of flights can fall in the month of October or November.
- Wildlife: March – May.
- House Boats – June – August (during the monsoons).
- Central India: February to April for Wildlife Safaris.
- North Eastern India:
- Best time to visit the subtropical regions of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya plateau and even Manipur, Mizoram as well as Nagaland is from mid October to early May.